Thursday, November 20, 2008

Busy Day Ahead and Good Thoughts/Prayers Request


Gotta leave the farmstead and go to the big city :-P for a breast biopsy today--Oh joy! Not too flustered except the day is cold and rainy and I would rather just crawl back under my electric blanket and think on my storyline (did I say I am writing a novel?)

Also have the care of three feral kittens that the kids found in the chicken coop--unfortunately we had to move them out when the rooster took exception to their presence. More unfortunate (even though we left a can of cat food out) mom-cat didn't return. So we have been feeding them and scouring the internet for 'how to take care of tiny little feral kittens' these last few weeks. They are about six weeks now and a real cutesome explosion (I'll upload more picatures when I transfer them to my thumbdrive).

One of the kittens is giving concern--our Bear-girl (image above). She was named before we knew her gender--but don't she look just like a little bear cub? Even so, poor Bear can't keep anything down since yesterday. We've been lucky that our vets are also our friends and neighbors. The kittens have already been wormed, but will probably need another worming--and Bear is on an anti-emetic and still she, well, pukes :-(

I think I've hit on something for the short run, I am hoping that it will work until this afternoon and next vet home-visit; some water with just a tad of KMR powder mixed in. She seems to be tolerating it and at least it will keep her hydrated. Otherwise, she is still active, wants to play and be cuddled just like her sibs. Sigh...

Would welcome any and all prayers and good wishes for Bear.

Thanks,

LM

No comments: