Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pirate Stuff

We know one of these guys in person!

Talk Like a Pirate
--Don't forget the Pirate Fun and Games section and get your official Pirate Name

Yay Oregon!

A couple of after-elecion Oregon small-town surprises.

Only in Oregon.

Silverton, Oregon elects a transgender mayor--this is making the news all over the country.

Less known is
Sodaville elects ex-felon for mayor I think it's great! (And I'm not writing this tongue-in-cheek.) We live right down the mountain from beautiful downtown Sodaville and know some folk on the board. --Please don't pass up the vote of confidence Harrington gets from the present mayor of Sodaville, Ronda Bennett, in the comments. Like McCain's concession speech--it is classy.

Only in Oregon.

1 comment:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Hi Macao,

I happened to see your email on RWClist (Steamy/Hot historicals) and followed the link to your informative blog.

I'd never seen a Gearhart Sock Machine before, but truth be told, I thought it was a device for grinding grain. So now you know that the exent of my knowledge on "all things sock-related", doesn't even approach "very limited".

You've got some cool pics and and great links which had me clicking so much I felt I had entered a virtual maze.

Up until October, I'd never written before, but after trying my hand at blogging, I thought I would try writing a short story. So far, I'm enjoying the process.

I've noticed that oftentimes, those leaving a lengthy comment will end by apologizing. Well, I won't apologize because, "it was you who spawned my need to respond".

Instead I'll just say, "Thank you so very much for sharing".

underOvr