Saturday, November 22, 2008

Promised Sock Picature and Mystery Image

Still in utero...

Each section (toes and heels, foots, cuffs) are obviously in different yarns and colors. They look large around the fore-ankle but the nice thing about this pattern is it is very adaptable. After knitting a couple pairs, I've found the right formula that fits me beautifully. I could just stick with this basic pattern with different cuff stitches to keep it interesting for all my future socks.

Okay, mystery picture:

What is this?

Another hint:

It's a Gearhart Sock Making Machine. I bought one several years ago and made great items. The hand and arm warmers were a big hit...they all sold out and I could be making more but the machine looks like this at the moment:
:-(

I borrowed this image from Goodness Gracious WV’s Weblog
since my own Gearhart is in a box in storage. Hope to get mine up and running real soon. Thanks to WV. Good luck with your Gearhart, it looks like you've got a great little machine there. And yes, the learning curve is steep, especially toes and heels. I would start out with making hand and arm warmers--they are really big hits.

No comments: